Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

More Gardening

It's time to start thinking about what we want to put in our autumn garden this year.  Last year we let it slip by us completely, and I set my mind that I would not do that again.  We want to set out broccoli, cauliflower, kale, butternut squash, and acorn squash.  It's still about four weeks too early for most of it, but I did need to get my broccoli seeds started in the house now.  Last year, I marked this on Pinterest as an idea for starting plants inside.  It's an experiment, and if it fails, I guess I'll be buying broccoli plants in a few weeks.  Here's to optimism!  


3 comments:

  1. Where do you buy your plants? We're wanting to plant some fall and winter produce as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, my tomato plants came up volunteer this year from lasts year's crop. The okra is from seed we saved from last year's harvest. The rest is from Wildwood in Paris. It's a great locally-owned seed store. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. You've got about 4 weeks to get out your autumn/winter crops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoep your broccoli seeds work out. I was so disappointed that the plants I bought in the spring all died except for three, but those did produce some very tasty green 'trees'!

    ReplyDelete