Not that you would ever want to, but here are my top 10 ways to wake a sleeping baby:
10. Congratulate yourself on how well your baby sleeps.
9. Go to the bathroom.
8. Lay down to take a nap.
7. Make an important phone call.
6. Think about making supper.
5. Get to a really suspenseful part of a great book.
4. Take a shower.
3. Fix yourself some lunch, especially a hot one. Then, and this is really important, sit down to eat it.
2. Tell your older child you have time to sit and read a book.
1. Make sure you leave your friendly neighborhood three-year-old alone in a room with a recorder. He will compose and perform excellent solo recorder repertoire, mostly consisting of one high and frequently repeated note.