Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

When the Cat's Away, the Mice will Play

And by "cat" obviously I mean Blair.  And by "mice will play" I clearly mean redecorate.  At least I didn't rearrange furniture or do anything too drastic.  I just took the wall from this (notice the wall with the window)

to this.




The bird was one of my grandmother's Christmas tree ornaments, and I made the wreaths from branches off of one my forsythias.




I really thought I had actual before pictures of this wall.  Turns out I don't, but I think you can get a pretty good idea from the top photo.  Anyway, there were two paintings on the wall in cheap frames.  I took the paintings out, cut the cardboard leaving a four inch "border" around, and wrapped them in burlap.



I'm not completely finished with the one on the right.  I think it needs a little more "something" to even it out with the one on the left.  See what I mean?


Yeah, me neither in this picture.  I really need to figure out how to take good indoor pictures.  Here's that close-up again of the one on the left.



I love this bird!  The one on the right is completely bare still.  However, I do really like the direction I'm heading with the little change up.  They're the kind of frames I can change up with the seasons and won't feel too bad about getting rid of once I have some really great photos framed and put there.  And the wall painted.  And new curtains.

2 comments: