Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mmm Mmm Mmm

I went searching the other day for a good lasagna recipe.  Someone tall and handsome has begun making frequent requests for said casserole lately, and after a quick search on the shelf in the kitchen I realized there was nary a receipt to be found (anyone else here read The Five Little Peppers as a child?  No?  You simply must.  I insist.).  After a quick online search I narrowed it down to a few I might like and then saw the name The Pioneer Woman (please read that with a big, thunderous voice).  Ree Drummond (over at The Pioneer Woman) is amazing and so is this:  The Best Lasagna.  Oh, boy.  It really is, especially served with baked potatoes, green beans, and cranberry/pecan zucchini bread.  The only change I made was substituting deer meat for ground beef.  Oh, and diced tomatoes for whole.  Oh, well.  I got relatively close.  





This is a great recipe to divide into two dishes so you can freeze one.  I did not do this because Mr. Chadwick has practically been begging lately to have lasagna, and I reasoned that with supper and lunches and supper again, it will probably be gone.  It is, after all, soccer season for the Coach, and that a hungry man makes.  Now, go ye unto thy kitchens and maketh this lasagna.  It's great.  You'll love it.

1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful! I can't believe YOU put deer meat in it, though....art thou truly my daughter?

    ReplyDelete