Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A New Season

"This is the day that the LORD hath made; I will rejoice and be glad in it!"  Psalm 118:24


Butternut Squash


Kale


Apple trees



The start of my new raised beds!

While I don't believe it's here to stay just yet, the cooler weather is supposed to hang around for the next couple of weeks which is just long enough for me to begin to feel Autumn settling in.  I roasted a chicken last week and made 2 quarts of stock over the weekend from the leftover bones.  We've been eating apple pie and starchier foods.  There's football to watch and knitting in the house, and the autumn garden is coming along nicely outside.  The bees seem to know winter is coming, and Blair is doing a great job building my three new raised beds for next year's garden (that was all I wanted for my birthday this year).  If you happen to drive by the house, you'll see I've put my fall wreath on the front door (but don't look too closely, or you'll see that the landscaping fairy has skipped our house for the last couple of months).  The windows are open, the breeze is blowing, and hopefully the weeds in the front flower beds will begin to die soon.  Ah, Autumn, how I have missed you!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely life you live. I need to learn how to knit...then Fall for me will be complete :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall, and the cooler weather we've been having too makes me so excited. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound relieved...autumn is my very favorite season, too!

    ReplyDelete