Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Due to a series of God-sent events over the last several months, my parents are moving to Knoxville today and tomorrow.  So, if you will indulge me, I would like to share a few thoughts with you this morning about my family's dear, sweet home of 23 years:  2221 Stella Ruth Road.


Or, as I first knew it, Rt. 1, Box 354.  It's amazing how much change can creep and ease in over the years.  Trees come down, concrete buildings get covered in vinyl siding.  Children grow and leave.  And come back with their wife.  Or husband and baby.  And dog.


This house has held many special places to me over the years.  The yard, where I learned to ride a bike and drive a lawnmower.  Where I spent days at a time with my sweet Lindsay friend swinging on the swingset and singing.




The bedroom where I had many sleepovers throughout the years with that same childhood best friend.  The dining room where I spent countless hours learning to play the piano.  A skill that I cherish and use daily.  The kitchen where my mother taught me to cook.  My husband thanks her for that on a daily basis.  And the living room where I sat on December 27, 1995 and accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior.  










These last several months have taught me that home isn't about the roots you put down or where your memories are made.  It's about what kind of roots you put down and the sweetness of those memories.



2 comments:

  1. Well, Sweetie, there are lots of great memories there. And, once again, you brought a tear to your Daddy's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of memories...hard to leave the homeplace behind, but new adventures are waiting for all of us! Love this post...love you more.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete