Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Bit of Writer's Block


Sometimes, even at the end of a wonderful day, there is no quieting of the mind.  And yet I really have nothing to say.  Just images, flashing several at a time.  Reminders of the day's moments, triumphs, and stumbles.  The rhythm of another day has passed, the rhythm of the next already at the forefront of my thoughts.  And so it should be.

Even as I woke early this morning with the thunder (and rain!), it felt so nice to just be still and let my mind wander, enjoying the sounds from outside and the quiet within.

**By the way, the chicken and dumplings are not my usual recipe.   They come from here.**

1 comment:

  1. I would have enjoyed the thunder if I hadn't thought of unplugging things. It sounded closer than it was so I got up and took care of things and Toby was clingy so needed petting - he hates thunder. We had no rain, though.

    ReplyDelete