Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Slow and Steady Pace




The relief of cool weather hasn't made it here yet (nor will it until at least the middle of October), but I feel our days settling into a more "autumn-like" pace.  Blair's back at school, so our days start early and have more structure.  And yet, there's a slow, steady, and comfortable pace to the way Noah and I move through the day.  We read and sing and snuggle.  We stir the tomato sauce cooking in the crockpot and put bread or muffins in the oven.  We still have to wait until late in the day to go out and play, but we seem to always find just enough to do in the house.  Nothing is rushed.  Nothing is pressured.  My floors need mopping and the bookcases could use a good cleaning, but I have fresh tomato sauce and yummy muffins on a pretty plate.  

And I have slow, easy days with my little boy.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy them while you can! The muffins look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete