Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Favorite Things::My Top Five Reads

Not only do I enjoy writing and blogging, I also enjoy reading what other people are writing and blogging.  I thought I'd share with you my top five favorite blogs (although there are many many more that I read).  

My mother has recently begun to blog.  She's over at The Cookie Lady,  and her main purpose in being on the World Wide Web is to promote her little cookie business.  Y'all, her cookies are adorable and delicious.  She just started her blogging venture this week, so save the link in your favorites and keep up with her beautiful creations.  If you're local, you should definitely have her cookies at your next celebration.  

A blog that I'm relatively new to is Young House Love.  Young House Love is written by a married couple around my age with a little girl close in age to my Little Man.  They are currently renovating a 1960s ranch house and have a book coming out this fall.  They started their blog four or five years ago to keep their families up-to-date on the renovation of their first home.  They are mostly DIY-ers and do amazing and beautiful work on their home, learning along the way.  They are clever, witty writers, and there's never a dull moment over there.  

Next, we're going to head over to the Northwest corner of our country and meet Alicia Paulson.  Her charming blog is just full of cozy, uplifting warmth.  Posie Gets Cozy is a great way to end the day with a little encouragement.  She has a sweet little embroidery book out that I adore, and she is always writing about the (amazing) meals she cooks, being out in the gorgeous country-side, and her super cute puppers. She is a very creative gal and loves to share the joy of crafting with others.

Bringing things back a little closer to home (and my life), this next blog is written by a friend of mine.  Sarah P. and I went to high school together and, as we were both in band, spent a good deal of time together.  I considered her a role model and mentor, and Sarah is one of the kindest, most intelligent people I know.  Her blog, The Redheaded Stepchild, is funny, charming, and included in my morning routine every day.  Sarah writes about food, decorating, and making the change from professional student to professional professor.  That's right.  Ms. Sarah is actually Dr. P!  Her blog is full of humor and southern charm.  Head on over and give her a read.

The final blog I'm going to share with you today is my favorite.  It tops the list.  I have been reading over at Soule Mama for five years.  Every week day.  Amanda Soule, her husband Steve, and their five children live in Maine.  The home state of my heart.  I have never been to Maine, but by reading her daily words, I feel like I know the state better than my own.  Soule Mama strives to live a simple life, loves tea, and knits.  Ahhhh.  A kindred spirit.  She and her husband have written three books, and I highly recommend them.  They have recently purchased a two hundred year old farm house, and the work they have done is simply amazing.  They raise animals and cultivate a huge garden, and Amanda never hesitates to tell you how hard it all is.  But oh so very worth it.  

I hope the next time you have some free time, you'll hop over to one of these lovely reads and enjoy them as much as I do.  Oh, and they're better with cinnamon toast and chai tea.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you, dear child, for promoting your mama's itty-bitty blog! :) Some of your favorite blogs are mine, too. You're a good writer, yourself. I'm happy that you are blogging again.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for the kind words, Rachel! The feeling is mutual! Although I wish I had some toast and tea when I enjoy your blog daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little sad that I didn't make the cut...
    Then again, my blog is kinda crap, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matthew, if you would only blog more!

    ReplyDelete