Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Knitting for Little Girls

Three years ago when we found out Noah was going to be a boy, I immediately started knitting for him.  A few hats and some sweaters.  Twenty-one weeks ago when we found out we were having a girl, I went a little crazy in the knitting department.  Bonnets, sweaters, blankets, dresses, booties.  You name it, I made it.  At the time, however, I hadn't been diagnosed with IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction), and didn't know she was going to be so small.  So, everything I made for her to wear is way too big.  It might fit her in time for cool Spring weather, or maybe even next Autumn.  I did want to show you all what I've been working on, though.  It's been killing me not to show it for all of these weeks!!

Now, I've already shown you this dress (the bottom edge is just scallop crochet that I made up quickly),   but I wanted to share the sweater with you.  The pattern is from this Ravelry page, and it's made in some organic cotton leftover from a wrap I made for Noah.  



This was the first item I knit up after we learned we were expecting.  I made it a little longer than the pattern calls for, so over a t-shirt and some tights it will make a cute tunic.  It's made from a wool tweed.


This little shrug is my own design, and I made it from a super soft wool leftover from a sweater I knit for myself a couple of years ago.


This yarn is just about the softest thing in the world.  It's Berroco's Weekend, which is cotton, and it works up beautifully.  The pattern is from here, and since it's a simple gull lace pattern it's a breeze to finish.  


This little bonnet is made with the same teal cotton as the blanket, and I used this pattern.  I didn't make my strings the same way the pattern author did, and I also made it a little smaller.  When I finished it and blocked it, I realized the knit was so loose it probably wouldn't be very warm or hold it's shape well, so I lined it with white fleece I bought a few years ago and never used.  



These little booties are my own design, but since I didn't write anything down or make any notes, I'll probably never be able to duplicate them.  I made them from a cotton yarn with little white flower buttons from Joann's.  

I have a couple more clothing items finished that I'll share with you in another post.  I'd hate to overload you with too much cuteness all in one day.

1 comment:

  1. These are all so sweet! you did a wonderful job and she will always have a closet full of cute clothes!!

    ReplyDelete