After taking a day off for Sunday, Monday morning I hit the ground running. (Click here and here if you missed the first two days.) All the priming was done (contrary to the picture you see below), and I was ready to paint. I chose Valspar's Ultra Premium kitchen and bath paint in off-the-shelf white. This stuff is amazing! It's thick, goes on smoothly, and covers a good bit of the wood grain. I painted the doors outside to be nice and tidy, but unfortunately, although I taped, I got more white paint on the walls than I intended. I may have even said Crud Head Baloney Face a few times. In our house, this is considered major potty language, so I'll give you a few minutes to recover from my shocking use "foul vocabulary."
Meanwhile, this was still in the middle of the floor.
We (and by we I mean me with Mr. Chadwick's approval) decided to leave the cabinets on the "sink" wall open. This required filling the holes left by the hardware, sanding smooth, and painting.
First coat of paint is up, end cabinet is no longer the the middle of the kitchen, and now 25 people know why cabinet doors are needed in the Chadwick household.
Mr. Tall and Handsome is making the butcher block top for this cabinet out of this gorgeous piece of walnut we got locally at a small mill nearby.
I really can't wait to show you what comes next!