Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Guest Bath Gets Decor::Part 2

Thursday I led you through the first half of my haphazard bathroom  decorating method.  Today, I'm going to show you how I wrapped it up. 

Tub wall before:


This bathroom doesn't have a shower in it because the fuse box is located over the tub.  These plain old sheetrock walls can't tolerate water, but we'll see if they can stand up to the Chadwick Decor Method.

Did I get carried away?

Once again, I made my way to my Free Frame Box and pulled out this.  A golden frame with a print in it.  Some people would probably leave this as is, however, I was in the mood to personalize and brighten a dark room.  For free.


And so, I grabbed a handful of paint chips and my one-inch circle punch and got busy.


 Using a ruler to make sure I applied them straight, I simply taped them onto the back of the print that came in the frame.


I put one thin coat of white paint over the frame to give it more of a white-washed, aged look.  It's actually my favorite part of the entire guest bathroom "decor redo" weekend.



Reassemble, hang, finished.



And there you have it.  One empty-walled bathroom got a bright and colorful facelift in just under three hours one Friday night.  Easy peasy.  Not to mention if I get tired of it anytime soon I'm at no financial loss since it was all FREE!

3 comments:

  1. And free is always the best! I love how you did that! Was it on one of your Pinterest boards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, ma'am. Paint chips are everywhere, though. It's neat how ideas can just "come to you."

      Delete