Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

A New Recipe

A couple of nights ago, I, yet again, found myself over at Pinterest, and this recipe caught my attention.  Breakfast food?  Bread??  Cheese???  Yes, yes, and yes!!

You start out by making the dough for the "pockets."  People who know me, know I love to bake bread.

Yes, that is an empty 50 pound bag of flour.  I bake THAT much.

 If you see me, especially in Autumn and Winter, with random spots of flour on me, it's due to the fact that I have been making bread.  It's really one of my favorite things to do.  This recipe was only the second one, however, that I've ever seen that told you not to knead the dough.  Which made me nervous.


And yet, an hour later when it was done rising, it looked great!  It also didn't look like enough.  Not only was it not enough, it was only half of what I needed in order to use all of the filling.  Fortunately, I suppose, I took a phone call while I was in the middle of making the filling and forgot to add the cheese.

Speaking of the filling, it has eggs, hash browns, sausage, and cheese (if you remember to put it in).  Since I forgot to put the cheese in, I only had a little bit of filling left over which I put in a tortilla.








These are DELICIOUS!!  It's supposed to make a lot so you can put the extras in the freezer for later.  I will most definitely be doing that, and I guess we'll see how well they warm up after being frozen.

1 comment: