Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Delicious: Cauliflower

That's right.  I said it.  Cauliflower is deee-liii-cious!! Especially when prepared the way I have been cooking it recently.  I'm tempted to spare you the blathering and get straight to the recipe, but you have not lucked out today.  One Sunday afternoon I found myself in need of something else to go along with lunch, so after staring blankly in the freezer for a while, I pulled out a bag of frozen cauliflower.  Now, since I just started dumping food items into a baking dish, I am firmly under the impression that I created this recipe.  If you find me to be incorrect in this assumption, please do not tell me as I will be crushed and heart-broken.  

This makes enough to feed Mr. Chadwick and myself, so if you are feeding a family of four (or larger) or an incredibly hungry group of teenagers (who, I promise you, will eat this vegetable..it is that delectable), go ahead and use two bags of cauliflower.  

Roasted Cauliflower

Preheat oven to 425.

Place into medium-sized baking dish (I use Pampered Chef stoneware) 1 (or 2) bag(s) frozen cauliflower.  Drizzle moderately with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt (I use kosher), pepper, and onion flakes.  Shake the dish gently to assure yourself that you have attempted to evenly distribute your seasonings and your cauliflower is sitting next to the seasonings in the dish well-coated.  Lightly shake over the top finely shredded pizza cheese.  I really would stick with this type of cheese.  Trust me.  Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.  Take out of oven and let sit for a full five minutes.  Allowing it to sit on the counter lets the cheese soak up the olive oil and get toasty to the point of melting in your mouth.  Please please please don't pass this step by.  Serve and enjoy!

If you know your oven doesn't heat the way it used to, you may need to adjust the baking time either five minutes more or less to make sure your veggies are fork-tender but not over-baked. 

We've honestly never had left-overs, so I don't know how well this would reheat.  If you do have left-overs, feel free to send them to my house...We won't be offended.


1 comment:

  1. Okay, since it's THAT good...I'll have to try it! I'm putting frozen cauliflower & pizza cheese on my grocery list now.

    ReplyDelete