Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Photo

Photo Credit to Russell Cook

I'm doing something today I've never before done on the blog.  Posting someone else's photo.  Now, granted, that photo belongs to my father, but nonetheless it isn't mine.  I wanted to post this for you today in celebration of my brother's achievement.  He is now the proud owner of a Master's Degree from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville.  And a new PhD student.  Goodness.  Now, as much as I love you, Matthew, my absolute favorite part of this photo is the joy on my father's face.  Joy in the accomplishment of his child.  

Matthew, we all love you and are so proud of who you are and what you are doing with you life!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so I know you weren't going so far, but I couldn't help but think of the joy we will one day see on our Heavenly Father's face one day. The joy and pride of the work we have done here on Earth.

    Congrats to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the best part of this photo? Mom took it... with Dad's camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for bragging on your little brother! You've always been a good big sister...

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Matthew! We all know what's involved in achieving this goal even tho' there's space for only one name on that degree!;-) Thankfully all the travelers I know made it to the commencements and back home safely - and with so many traveling, that makes our blessings doubled... at the very least...

    ReplyDelete